Meshing together the first two games of the Pirates Series, the Miami Marlins have unfortunately not seemed to be able to carry any momentum forward from their weekend win against the Baltimore Orioles. Pittsburgh won a close one Monday 4-2, before giving rookie pitcher Jose Urena a rude welcome to the Show this evening in a 5-0 victory.
Promise a return to regular format once I return to Texas next week- look two to three game stat wraps while I finish up this move across the country.
- Dee Gordon Watch: Two hits in two games good enough to run up a five-game streak.
- With three hits in two games, Christian Yelich could well be coming out of it.
- Michael Morse became the latest Marlin to find himself on the DL, rehabbing an injured finger.
- Giancarlo Stanton is 3 for 6 with two walks and a home-run in the series.
- Jose Urena gave up five runs in less than five innings of work in his first MLB start.
- Andrew McCutchen has only one hit thus far in the series- but it did help me Beat The Streak.
- Miami’s bullpen was excellent Tuesday, tossing 3 1/3 perfect innings.
- That followed up two scoreless frames Monday; Miami’s three most recent relief call-ups all played key roles.
- Sadly, Miami’s starters have given up 18 hits the last two games.