Was on location to watch the start of the Dan Jennings era, never paying more attention to a manager during a ballgame than I did Monday night. Perched in a prime seat behind home plate- the discounted availability of which on the secondary market speaking volumes of the current level of esteem for the floundering Fish- I spent much of Monday’s pitching duel either watching Jennings, or watching Jeffrey Loria and David Samson watching Jennings. In any case, the Marlins lost their fourth game in a row, dropping the extra-innings contest against the Arizona Diamondbacks by a score of 3-2.
- Ichiro Watch: With a 2 for 4 night, the future HoFer is now tied with Babe Ruth at 2,873 hits.
- J.T. Realmuto hit the first home run of both the season and his MLB career.
- Dee Gordon went 0 for 5, dropping to .406 for the season.
- Justin Bour started first and batted cleanup in place of Michael Morse, going 1 for 5.
- Which is exactly the same line star slugger Paul Goldschmidt put up.
- Which is one better than the line star slugger Giancarlo Stanton posted.
- Two players between both teams- Suzuki and Yasmany Tomas- had more than one hit.
- Dan Haren allowed one less hit in one less inning than Ruby De La Rosa in another QS.
- Two new coaches later, the Marlins losing pitcher was Steve Cishek.