For the first time in forever, the Marlins took a lead into the ninth inning….and still had it at the end of the inning. A.J. Ramos shut the door on the Dodgers for the first save in his MLB career, and the Marlins took the series finale 5-4 Wednesday night in Los Angeles.
- Dee Gordon Strikes Back: 4 for 5 night with two doubles.
- Giancarlo Stanton knocked in 3 RBI and threw a man out at the plate.
- Jared Cosart allowed four runs in 5 1/3 innings, before leaving with a tight hamstring.
- He did however go 1 for 2 with an RBI at the plate.
- Miami proceeded to squeeze one win, two holds, and one save from all relievers not named Steve.
- Ichiro Watch: Ichiro delivered a key pinch-hit, raising his career total to 2,869.
- Christian Yelich and Michael Morse went a combined 0 for 7.
- Martin Prado and J.T. Realmuto are both working on three game hit streaks.
- David Phelps will likely be on his last chance to win a rotation spot Friday night.