On the verge of a feel good win that would have brought the Marlins back to .500, Steve Cishek saw fit to flush a gutty effort by Mat Latos down the toilet as the San Francisco Giants beat the Marlins 3-2.
- Cishek blew his third save in six tries. Basically Miami’s record is the same with or without him.
- Dee Gordon Watch: 2 for 4, 13-game hitting streak.
- Christian Yelich went 1 for 3 with a walk and two stolen bases.
- Unfortunately he was thrown out at the plate to give the Giants a lot of momentum.
- Miami took the lead in the 8th on a wild pitch.
- Mat Latos struck out five in seven innings of one run ball.
- Giancarlo Stanton took his first day off of the year.
- Michael Morse continued his West Coast rehab, going 2 for 4 with an RBI double.
- Justin Bour pushed his average back to .500 with a pinch hit just to keep the pressure on though.