Well, it was probably a pretty safe bet that Miami wouldn’t win every other series for the remainder of the year. Washington finally broke through for a dominating effort against Miami Wednesday afternoon, beating the Marlins 7-5 to take the series and knock the Fish back to two games below .500.
- Dee Gordon: 3 for 5 day as he pushes his hitting streak to 11.
- Ichiro Suzuki: One hit day good enough to move to 43rd all time.
- Miami’s 13 hits today marked a season high for hits in a loss.
- This was the 8th time Miami outhit or matched a team and lost.
- Giancarlo Stanton hit his 7th home-run of the year.
- Unfortunately Bryce Harper hit his 6th, 7th, and 8th.
- Justin Bour started again over Michael Morse, going 2 for 4.
- Reid Brignac went 0 for 1, falling to .083 for the season.
- With Christian Yelich due back from the DL in the next few days, a corresponding roster move will have to be made.