Back to even in the series, as Miami’s bullpen rallied from a demoralizing Monday to hold and save Mat Latos’ first win of the year, defeating the Washington Nationals 2-1.
- Mat Latos gave up only one run on two hits while striking out six in his first win of the year.
- Miami’s six hits last night matched a season low for hits in a winning effort.
- Dee Gordon blasted a triple in the 9th to extend his hitting streak to 10 games.
- JT Realmuto blasted a triple to continue prove he’s a better athlete than Jarrod Saltalamacchia.
- Ichiro Suzuki went 2 for 4, and is up 2,866 career hits- tied for 43rd all time with Harold Baines.
- Ichiro also drove in the first run, and scored the winning run- on an error and a Latos bunt.
- Steve Cishek earned his third save despite a rare fielding error from Adeiny Hechavarria.
- Steven Strasburg left after the third with an injury, taking the loss.
- Which means the Nats have a string of 7 1/3 scoreless innings against Miami.