Dunk time. The Miami Marlins celebrated a 4-3 victory Friday night in walk-off fashion to beat the visiting Philadelphia Phillies, and pull their record to just a game under .500 at 11-12.
- Dee Gordon went 3 for 4 and pushed his league leading average to .423
- Marcel Ozuna knocked in the winning run on his third double of a 4 for 4 night.
- Shouldn’t of been close: Miami had 12 LOB, and went 2-12 with RISP.
- Michael Morse went 0-4 overall, and 0-3 with RISP, which is worth taking note of.
- Why? Justin Bour hit his fourth pinch-hit in four tries, and is now batting .857 on the year.
- Steve Cishek earned the win Antonio Alfonseca style– giving up a triple before finishing.
- Jeff Baker recorded his first hit of the season, and Ichiro Suzuki hit the 2860th of his career.
- Miami’s bullpen: Four scoreless innings of one hit-ball.
- Miami’s 8-2 since Prado moved to 2 hole, and 5-1 since Ozuna started hitting cleanup.
* Brad Hand pitched a 1-2-3 6th, Justin Nicolino pitched 6 shutout innings on the farm, Mat Latos still listed as DTD. Just a follow up to other half of that Justin watch.