Marlins over the Mets 7-3, as the Fish take their third consecutive series to close the book on April and improve to 10-12 on the year.
- Dee Gordon went 2 for 3 with the winning hit, and pushed his average to an MLB best .409 .
- Hit-wise, only Mike Lowell has had a better April as a Marlin, edging Gordon 40-38.
- That winning hit was outshined an inning later by a three-run homer…by Ichiro Suzuki.
- Giancarlo Stanton also went yard- his sixth of the year; Stanton had 3 RBI on the night.
- That 2-run shot tied the game in the 1st- responding to a Mets 2-run shot a half inning earlier.
- Mat Latos allowed three runs in five innings before leaving with a strained hamstring.
- Marcel Ozuna stole his first base of the year.
- Miami’s bullpen turned in four hitless innings of scoreless relief to close out the game.
- Justin Bour had another pinch hit, and is batting .833 since his call-up; Michael Morse went 0-4.