There was a probably a moment in tonight’s game around the 7th inning when something akin to this was crossing through your mind. Luckily though, unlike last night’s affair, the ninth inning went a bit more smoothly– Miami beat the Mets 4-3, taking down the Mets for the first time this season. And on an unrelated note, Major League II is available on YouTube.
- Thanks to a 2 for 4 night, Dee Gordon is hitting an even .400 on the year.
- Brian Morris threw a scoreless 8th to pick up his third win of the season.
- David Phelps tossed his second consecutive QS, giving up two runs in seven innings.
- Except, he kinda didn’t: A.J Ramos allowed 2 inherited runs to score after he entered in the 7th.
- Per the Miami Herald, A.J Ramos is second worse in baseball in doing that…trailing Sam Dyson.
- Marlins SPs have turned in seven consecutive quality starts, going 6-1 in that span.
- Giancarlo Stanton picked up his second error doing this– without the pizza earning catch.
- But after showing your little league team what not to do, show them Hechavarria’s Web Gem.
- Michael Morse drove in the winning run on a 1 for 4 night.