The Marlins improved to 7-11 on the year thanks to a rousing 8-0 combined seven hit shutout of the Washington Nationals Saturday afternoon in Miami.
- Friday’s Game 1 win marked the first time this year Miami won the first game of a series.
- With today’s win, the Marlins have won consecutive series for the first time since 8/17/14.
- Tom Koehler was stellar, turning in the fourth consecutive QS in a row for the rotation.
- Doing so by taking a six-hit shutout into the 8th, that was the longest start this year by Miami.
- Last Koehler factoid: he hasn’t allowed a run before the fourth inning in four consecutive starts.
- Giancarlo Stanton went 3 for 3, knocking in two RBI and his fifth homer of the year.
- Rookie Justin Bour gave Michael Morse a day off, and went 2 for 3 with 2 RBI.
- Adeiny Hechavarria extended his hitting streak to 8 games in his last at-bat- with a 3-run homer.
- With a two-hit day, Ichiro already has twelve hits this season, putting him just 144 shy of 3000.