Wrapping up the first day action in this three game set against the visiting Washington Nationals, as Miami eked out a 3-2 victory . Classic nine inning, nine-point format here – just enough to satisfy casual and discerning fan alike.
- Mat Latos notched his first QS of the year limiting Washington to just two runs across 6 innings.
- He also tied the game at 1-1 on an RBI bloop single in the 5th.
- Miami’s bullpen put up 2 2/3 innings of hitless, scoreless relief to earn the win (Morris 2-0).
- Steve Cishek earned the save, his first of the year in five appearances.
- Martin Prado knocked in the winning run in the bottom of the 8th on a sharp single to right.
- Miami won despite a combined 0-8 effort from Giancarlo Stanton and Michael Morse.
- Dee Gordon went 3 for 4 with an RBI and a stolen base.
- With a 2 for 3 night, Adeiny Hechavarria has the second highest batting average among regulars.
- And lastly, Miami has now won three in a row– their longest streak of the year.