Well, the slide continues as the season high losing streak marches on with the Marlins having just dropped the first game of a three game set against the Philadelphia Phillies 7-3 Tuesday night.
- Every starting position player had a hit last night except for Martin Prado.
- Dee Gordon stole his seventh base of the season, and raised his average to .390.
- Nick Masset pitched a scoreless 9th in his first action since being recalled from AAA.
- Miami outhit Philadelphia 10-7; Miami has only been outhit in five games this season.
- Miami has not won the first game of a series in five attempts this year.
- Christian Yelich was a late scratch with renewed tightness in his back; he’s likely DL bound.
- Can’t really blame his absence: Ichiro went 2-4 in his place.
- Philadelphia’s seven runs was good enough for their highest scoring game this season.
- Mike Redmond reportedly met with Jeffrey Loria and GM Dan Jennings before the game.