The Marlins are 3-9 after losing 5-4 to the Mets Saturday night.
- Dee Gordon went 5 for 5, raising his average to .400 on the season.
- That’s just .045 points shy of the combined average of Christian Yelich and Giancarlo Stanton.
- Miami actually outhit the Mets, but went only 2 for 10 with runners in scoring position.
- Mat Latos actually had his best game of the year, allowing two runs with five Ks in 5 five innings.
- He was pinch hit for to lead off an inning, having only thrown 75 pitches. Why yes, I do disagree.
- Jared Saltalamacchia returned to action, and went 0 for 3 with no walks and one strikeout.
- If you think he’s still the starting catcher, you’re not paying attention.
- Dee Gordon was caught stealing for the fourth time this season.
- But he at least was nice enough to knock in 3 RBI; Morse had the other on a solo home run.