The heartbreak continues, as Miami dropped to 3-8 on the year following a 4-1 loss to the New York Mets Friday night.
- Giancarlo Stanton has now homered in two consecutive games.
- Mets SP Bartolo Colon drove in as many runs as the entire Marlins offense.
- Both teams had seven hits and zero errors, but Miami went 0-4 with RISP.
- JT Realmuto started again at catcher, going 1 for 3. He’s at. 300 over his first three games.
- David Phelps allowed one run on one hit through 4 2/3 innings of work.
- For the first time this year, both Dee Gordon and Christian Yelich failed to reach base.
- Giancarlo Stanton has 10 RBI on the year, good for third in the NL and 8th in MLB; that’s also good for over 25% of Miami’s offensive total- 38 RBI, 8th in the NL and 15th in MLB.
- Miami sits five games back of the first place Mets, who also have the best record in the NL.
- Only two teams in baseball have a worse record than Miami, but on the bright side, one of them is the defending world champion (Milwaukee is the other at 2-8, the Giants are 3-9).