The bats stayed hot in Atlanta Wednesday afternoon, as the Marlins carved out a 6-2 victory to take the series from the Braves, winning their first series of the year.
- Michael Morse hit the 100th home run of his career, and first this season.
- Dan Haren notched his second quality start in as many tries, going seven innings while allowing just two runs on three hits. That’s tied for the longest outing by a Marlins SP this year.
- In one sense, it was the longest. Today marked the first time a starter topped 100 pitches.
- After starting out the year with a perfect five games, Miami has an error in each of their last four.
- In his first start this year, JT Realmuto 2 for 3 with a walk, reaching base in his first three trips before merely advancing the runners in his fourth at-bat. Talking to you Jarrod Saltalamacchia.
- Celebrating his 26th birthday, Adeiny Hechavarria went 3 for 3 with a home run and three RBIs.
- Prior to today, the 7th/8th spots in Miami’s order had gone a combined 7 for 57. Five of those hits were from Hechavarria. Miami got a 5 for 6 line today from that part of the lineup.
- The Marlins have won every game Adeiny Hechavarria has a hit so far this year.
- Take a moment out of your day and thank Jackie Robinson- even if you don’t like baseball.