Starting off, let’s dive into the points you need to know from Wednesday’s final game of the opening series:
- The Marlins fell to the Braves 2-0, resulting in an 0-3 start tying them for the third worst start in team history with the ’13 club.
- The only extra base hit in the game was a 2-run homer by A.J. Pierzynski.
- Each club put up the same number of hits with six a piece.
- Adeiny Hechavarria has started the year 0-10 at the plate.
- Just two teams in baseball- the Chicago Cubs and the Minnesota Twins- have scored less runs than the Marlins so far this season.
- Miami’s OBP of .265- while not particularly good- ranks better than every team in the NL East except Atlanta.
- Christian Yelich and Giancarlo Stanton picked up an outfield assist a piece Wednesday, tying Miami with Baltimore for the league lead in that category.
- Really, don’t blame the defense at all. The Marlins have committed zero errors during this slump, and have a 1.000% fielding percentage.
- Tom Koehler actually pitched pretty well, giving Miami’s starting rotation its second quality start (QS) in three games.